'World-traveller Teasmaid trickles insubstantial thimbles.'
I've just had a birthday. At 46, with a new pair of reading glasses, I am definitely middle-aged. And what I wanted, given our early morning rising, was a middle-aged present, a Teasmaid. (For the non-UK reader: an automatic alarm clock which prepares a cup of tea for you and your partner at the bedside, and then wakes you up.) I know we're in the digital age, but honestly, does an ipad produce a fresh cuppa at 530am?
It's a niche market even in UK. You can't buy them here. So a Teasmaid was sourced in UK, and lugged 5000 miles via Heathrow and various baggage carousels. And the Birthday Girl has been patting the box for the last week, in anticipation of her birthday, and presentation of the much-awaited gift.
The birthday was yesterday. But this morning we had at most an inch of hot water in two cups. I've been huddled next to it for much of the day, speaking kindly, testing and retesting and trying to coax more from it. We've got to half a cup full each, so maybe it's just the system needs yet another flush through. Here's hoping.
And, defensively, to all those of you out there who are snorting at a Teasmaid present. We've just had a very cool 19 year old lad staying. I told him in anticipation about my Teasmaid and explained the process. His eyes lit up.
'They really do that?' breathlessly. 'They've got their marketing wrong. I'm the one they should be targeting.'
So Breville, think again, 19 year old clubbers and students should be your next target market, - lets make the Teasmaid as cool as the ipad.
This is part of Six Word Saturday - describe your life in six words. To see the rest of the bloghop, click here: http://www.showmyface.com/
I've just had a birthday. At 46, with a new pair of reading glasses, I am definitely middle-aged. And what I wanted, given our early morning rising, was a middle-aged present, a Teasmaid. (For the non-UK reader: an automatic alarm clock which prepares a cup of tea for you and your partner at the bedside, and then wakes you up.) I know we're in the digital age, but honestly, does an ipad produce a fresh cuppa at 530am?
It's a niche market even in UK. You can't buy them here. So a Teasmaid was sourced in UK, and lugged 5000 miles via Heathrow and various baggage carousels. And the Birthday Girl has been patting the box for the last week, in anticipation of her birthday, and presentation of the much-awaited gift.
The birthday was yesterday. But this morning we had at most an inch of hot water in two cups. I've been huddled next to it for much of the day, speaking kindly, testing and retesting and trying to coax more from it. We've got to half a cup full each, so maybe it's just the system needs yet another flush through. Here's hoping.
And, defensively, to all those of you out there who are snorting at a Teasmaid present. We've just had a very cool 19 year old lad staying. I told him in anticipation about my Teasmaid and explained the process. His eyes lit up.
'They really do that?' breathlessly. 'They've got their marketing wrong. I'm the one they should be targeting.'
So Breville, think again, 19 year old clubbers and students should be your next target market, - lets make the Teasmaid as cool as the ipad.
This is part of Six Word Saturday - describe your life in six words. To see the rest of the bloghop, click here: http://www.showmyface.com/

OOOOOHHHHHH I want one!
ReplyDeleteI second that!!
ReplyDeleteMcGuffy's Reader
http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com
PS...new follower; hope you'll join me, too.
DeleteCatrin, Alex and I had a second hand one when we were 20, 21 and at uni. We loved it,
ReplyDelete