Clearly I'm longer winded than others doing this Six Word Saturday lark. (Sum up your life today in six words.)
'And another thing' I want to say. And shall, because its fun.
So first,
Homework stalks the family. Fireworks tonight.
As the children get older the demands of homework are taking over the weekend. But its Guy Fawkes tonight, and despite the firework ban in Kenya with the security alert we're going round to friends for a barbecue and sparklers.
Or
Sunburned soggy daughter returns. Own-bed gratitude.
FirstBorn has been on a school Science & Geography field trip in the Rift Valley. But its the short rains, which means days getting hotter and hotter and then torrential rains. They were camping. Two tents flooded. Bedding sodden. Ended up with five of them in a four man tent.
Or
Mulish musician enthusiastic rock cellist. Langata ;{
SecondBorn is a mulish musician. But his new cello teacher has just demonstrated rock cello to him, and all of a sudden he's a tad more enthusiastic. But cello lessons are in Langata, hours away, and probably the subject of another post soon.
Or
7111 words to paper. Nearly-novelist grins.
I'm really enjoying NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, and making far more progress than I ever have in four days writing before.
Do take a look at what others have posted here: http://www.showmyface.com/
'And another thing' I want to say. And shall, because its fun.
So first,
Homework stalks the family. Fireworks tonight.
As the children get older the demands of homework are taking over the weekend. But its Guy Fawkes tonight, and despite the firework ban in Kenya with the security alert we're going round to friends for a barbecue and sparklers.
Or
Sunburned soggy daughter returns. Own-bed gratitude.
FirstBorn has been on a school Science & Geography field trip in the Rift Valley. But its the short rains, which means days getting hotter and hotter and then torrential rains. They were camping. Two tents flooded. Bedding sodden. Ended up with five of them in a four man tent.
Or
Mulish musician enthusiastic rock cellist. Langata ;{
SecondBorn is a mulish musician. But his new cello teacher has just demonstrated rock cello to him, and all of a sudden he's a tad more enthusiastic. But cello lessons are in Langata, hours away, and probably the subject of another post soon.
Or
7111 words to paper. Nearly-novelist grins.
I'm really enjoying NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, and making far more progress than I ever have in four days writing before.
Do take a look at what others have posted here: http://www.showmyface.com/
Hi Mom ~~ Did you just move? I had thought you were in the U.S. when I visited your blog before. Are you home schooling? Shucks, I had better start if I ever want to do Nano. I got OLD this year and it isn't fun.
ReplyDeleteThat fireworks sounds like a night of fun. Our burn ban turned our fireworks into a laser show. No one really liked that.
Mrs. Jim plays the viola. She said that when she got old (like I just did!!!) the cello would be too large and heavy for her slight frame. :)
..
When you get old, like Jim and me,( Jim is young and I am REALLY old) you start to think that fireworks are an over-rated way of burning up money.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of rock 'cello.
Hello dear,
ReplyDeleteWell some says the longer is it the better is the talent ! I don't know ! Anyway I like the last one, curious about it !
Happy SWS from Grace
Long winded - nuh, you haven't read my posts yet. I write 6 words and then spend another 500 words explaining those 6 words.
ReplyDelete7111 words on paper - fantastic effort
It takes me more than six words sometimes to just get started by saying hello, LOL, so it is always fun to see how people describe these in six words for Cate's meme; I think that is why I enjoy it so much.
ReplyDeleteSounds like lots going on for you and your family. Good job on your writing; you are making great progress! Never heard of a rock cello, will have to google that, but sounds interesting.
Can't imagine being camping with rain and being flooded; sounds like quite an adventure!
Enjoy your gathering with friends; sounds like fun!
betty
WOW...And I sometimes have to use more then six words as well! :) (Found your blog from Six Word Saturday)
ReplyDeleteWow I know how you feel!
ReplyDeleteAt the moment I feel my son has way too much homework and it's driving me mad!His homework becomes mine :-/
Dropping by from 6WS